US Tax Structures for Hong Kong Residents


My latest article in STEP HK’s August Newsletter is on “US Tax Structures for Hong Kong Residents“.

Unlike with Mainland China, the US does not have a double-tax treaty with Hong Kong (more on tax treaties here), but there are still several ways Hong Kong residents may use US structures depending on whether they are US taxpayers, have previously worked in the US (and have an IRA or 401k there), or wish to invest in the US.

As always, I look forward to hearing any questions or feedback you may have on this article or topic.