Welcome to GFM
GFM provides liquid, individually managed investment accounts balancing stocks, bonds and alternatives across sectors and continents to earn target levels of income and growth while minimizing risk. For qualified accounts, GFM also runs specific mandates of focused regional or country specific portfolios, or to manage currency risk.
We hold no client assets, but manage accounts held at independent broker/custodian firms which ensure safekeeping while processing all statements, transfers, deposits and withdrawals. Most managed accounts are opened at Interactive Brokers due to their low costs, low minimums, global market access, and efficient technology platform, but we work with other brokerage firms and custodians for qualified accounts, especially pensions.
GFM’s advantages and differences include:
- How we charge: We are fee-only, fully transparent, and accept no commissions. This not only saves your money, but avoids conflicts of interest.
- Liquidity and Flexibility: Unlike many other savings plans, GFM accounts have no lock-ins or withdrawals penalties. You can put money in or take money out of your GFM-managed account at any time with direct holdings in stocks and bonds in your portfolio.
- Full service: Investment management is only one part of your overall financial picture. We also help clients with retirement planning, college savings, and other financial goals. Beyond our core expertise in investing, we work with a network of specialists in US and international tax, estate planning, insurance and other areas related to financial health, put together by a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERCM professional.
- Education: We believe we have an important role in providing financial education, and to practice what we teach. You can learn more by meeting us or by attending one of our events.
- Global diversification: GFM clients “invest outside the box” by diversifying across multiple countries, sectors, and asset classes. GFM clients in Hong Kong invest more outside Greater China, and GFM clients in the US invest more outside the US than clients many domestic advisers.
- Americans welcome: Many banks and brokers in Hong Kong do not open investment accounts for US citizens or green card holders. GFM not only helps US residents and Americans overseas invest globally, but also understands IRAs, 401(k) rollovers, US tax-exempt municipal bonds and other structures and strategies few other overseas advisers provide.
- Performance: GFM strategies have historically outperformed single-country benchmarks, and more importantly, do so on a risk-adjusted basis. As examples, see the 2016 performance of the GFM Hong Kong 30 and our consolidated 3-year track record.
GFM Group Limited is a Hong Kong based Type 9 licensed asset management firm (CE Ref BGT035) founded by former Bear Stearns managing directors Tariq Dennison CFPCM and Anand Batepati in 2014. IRA and non-HK accounts are managed by our U.S. legal entity GFM Asset Management LLC (US SEC Registered Investment Advisor #283810).