We manage investment portfolios for individual clients, ensuring the right balance of stocks, bonds and alternatives to maximise long term growth and income while diversifying risk. Investing is core, but not the only part, of financial planning.
For companies, family offices, and institutions, we provide focused solutions to manage interest rate, commodity price and currency risk.
Most managed accounts are opened at Interactive Brokers due to their low costs, global market access, and efficient technology platform., and then make sure those accounts are properly allocated to the right balance of stocks, bonds, and other liquid investments that best meet your needs.
GFM’s advantages and differences include:
- How we charge: we are fee-only, fully transparent, and accept no commissions. This not only saves your money, but avoids conflicts of interest.
- Liquidity and Flexibility: unlike many other savings plans, GFM accounts have no lock-ins or withdrawals penalties. You can put money in or take money out of your GFM-managed account at any time with direct holdings in stocks and bonds in your portfolio.
- Full service: investment management is only one part of your overall financial picture, complimented by how we help clients with retirement planning, college savings, and other financial goals. We work with a network of specialists in US and international tax, estate planning, insurance and other areas related to financial health, put together by a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERCM professional.
- Education: we believe we have an important role in providing financial education as far as you have time and interest, while our portfolio management applies our experience to making you money and saving you time. You can learn more from us about different investment markets 1-on-1 or by attending one of our events.
- Global diversification: GFM clients “invest outside the box” – especially by diversifying funds across multiple countries. GFM clients in Hong Kong invest more outside Greater China, and GFM clients in the US invest more outside the US.
- Americans welcome: Many banks and brokers in Hong Kong do not open investment accounts for US citizens or green card holders. GFM not only helps US residents and Americans overseas invest globally, but we also understand IRAs, 401(k) rollovers, US tax-exempt municipal bonds and other structures and strategies few other overseas advisors provide.
- Performance: GFM accounts have historically outperformed single-country benchmarks, but more importantly, provide better balance between countries and asset classes to earn higher returns with risk spread across many baskets. As examples, see the 2016 performance of the GFM Hong Kong 30 and our consolidated 3-year track record.
GFM Group Limited is a Hong Kong based Type 9 licensed asset management firm (CE Ref BGT035) founded by former Bear Stearns managing directors Tariq Dennison CFPCM and Anand Batepati in 2014. IRA and non-HK accounts are managed by our U.S. legal entity GFM Asset Management LLC (US SEC Registered Investment Advisor #283810).
Send us a message through the contact form below, or send an SMS/WhatsApp to Tariq at +852 9476 2868