Welcome to GFM
GFM manages investment accounts and provides independent investment advice to individuals and institutions. We focus on helping Asia-based clients invest globally, and US-based clients invest in Asia.
GFM holds no client assets, but manages accounts held at an independent bank, broker or custodian firm. This ensures safekeeping while having the larger firm process all statements, transfers, deposits and withdrawals. Most managed accounts are opened at Interactive Brokers due to their low costs, low minimums, global market access, and efficient technology platform, but we work with other brokerage firms and custodians for qualified accounts, especially pensions.
GFM’s advantages and differences include:
- How we charge: We are fee-only, fully transparent, and accept no commissions. This not only saves your money, but avoids conflicts of interest.
- Liquidity and Flexibility: Unlike many other savings plans, GFM accounts have no lock-ins or withdrawals penalties. You can put money in or take money out of your GFM-managed account at any time with direct holdings in stocks and bonds in your portfolio.
- Global diversification: GFM helps clients diversify across multiple countries, sectors, and asset classes. GFM clients in Hong Kong invest more outside Greater China, and GFM clients in the US invest more outside the US than clients of many domestic advisers.
- Americans welcome: Many Hong Kong based firms do not deal with US citizens, green card holders, or other US entities. GFM invests US taxable and retirement accounts globally, and is one of the few firms in Hong Kong handling IRA, 401(k) rollover, and US tax-managed global and Asia-focused investment portfolios.
- Performance: GFM strategies have historically outperformed single-country benchmarks, and more importantly, do so on a risk-adjusted basis. As examples, see the 2016 performance of the GFM Hong Kong 30 and our consolidated 3-year track record.
GFM Group Limited is a Hong Kong based Type 9 licensed asset management firm (CE Ref BGT035) founded by former Bear Stearns managing directors Tariq Dennison CFPCM and Anand Batepati in 2014. IRA and non-HK accounts are managed by our U.S. legal entity GFM Asset Management LLC (US SEC Registered Investment Advisor #283810).