Are you a US citizen or green card holder living overseas looking to better save for retirement and defer US taxes? Are you looking for better ways to fund a college savings plan to a US university?
We welcome you to join a joint event on Tuesday, Feb 28th at 6:30pm in Sheung Wan with GFM portfolio manager Tariq Dennison and tax expert Christopher Chang CPA of American Pacific Tax, where we discuss strategies for US citizen and green card holders to save thousands of dollars in US taxes annually (which can compound to hundreds of thousands if not millions over time) through a few simple steps most US taxpayers living in Hong Kong have a right to take. Topics covered include:
- Some numbers on the importance of tax deferral
- About 401(k)s, and why so few in Hong Kong have them
- Different types of IRAs: Traditional, Roth, Rollover, SEP, etc.
- College savings plans, e.g. 529
- How to invest differently inside vs outside of IRA and other tax deferred acounts
- How Trump’s plans might change US tax treatment of investments in 2017 and beyond
FREE registration is now open on Eventbrite. Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance on request, and may be eligible for discounts or reduced minimums on a GFM-managed investment account. If you are interested but can’t make it, you can contact us through the form below.