Our core business is managing individual investment accounts for clients on a fee-only basis into liquid portfolios of stocks and bonds targeting 4 – 12% annual returns while spreading out risk and offering more transparency and flexibility than mutual funds. We offer a free, objective second opinion on any mutual fund or mutual fund portfolio you would like to send us or ask us about. GFM also offers comprehensive financial planning and investment advice, especially for expats living in Asia or foreigners investing in Asia.
Opening an account with us is a simple 3-step process:
- Get started by contacting us or by entering your name and e-mail address below, and we will follow-up requesting your passport, state/national ID, and a residential address proof such as a recent bank statement.
- Once we have received your documents, we will send you a secure Adobe sign link to an account opening form and client service agreement, which you can approve electronically. For accounts with a Hong Kong address, we also need to arrange one in-person meeting and signature.
- We will then work with Interactive Brokers to open your account there, and notify you when your account has been successfully opened.
- Once your account is opened, you can either log in directly to deposit or withdraw funds, or e-mail us to notify Interactive Brokers to expect a fund transfer directly from your back account.
Compared with many other investment providers and advisors, we differ primarily in:
- We charge a simple, transparent fee on money managed and accept no commissions.
- Clients have the flexibility to withdraw or add funds at any time with no penalty and no lock-ups, a substantial advantage over many hedge funds and savings plans.
- Our founding partners each have over 15 years’ experience in global stock, bond, currency, futures and options markets, and take direct responsibility investing client investment accounts.
- We open and manage accounts for US citizens and green card holders including IRAs, which many overseas firms will not.
Accounts less than US$5,000,000 are generally opened at Interactive Brokers, due to their low costs, broad market access, and efficient technology which allows us to manage accounts so cost-effectively. You can read more about their fees and minimums on their website.
GFM’s management fees generally range between 1.2% – 1.8% per year on the value of the account managed, and may be lower or higher depending on the account size and the level of service required. Qualified accounts may be offered an alternative fee structure of 0.15% – 0.30% per year on the value of the account plus 20% – 30% of profits above a high water mark.